You understand that Chapter7Attorneys.com does not refer attorneys or law firms, and does not endorse or recommend any of the law firms which license use of the Site. Chapter7Attorneys.com does not make any representation and has not made any judgment as to the qualifications, expertise or credentials of any participating lawyer or Law Firm. Lawyers and Law Firms are included solely based upon the payment of an advertising fee. It is your decision along whether or not to work with a licensing law firm listed in this directory.
Chapter7Attorneys.com itself is not a law firm but rather a website owned (or, as applicable, licensed) and operated by Chapter7Attorneys.Com, P.C. Chapter7Attorneys.com does not receive any portion of any lawyer’s or law firm’s fees and any arrangements subsequently made by you and any lawyer or law firm are strictly between you and such party and do not involve Chapter7Attorneys.Com in any way. You understand that Chapter7Attorneys.com, and, to the extent applicable, its licensors, does nothing more than license the use of this Site to Law Firms to allow such Law Firms to better market their respective practices, and, in certain instances, provide various ancillary support services.
THIS WEBSITE IS AN ADVERTISEMENT OF LEGAL SERVICES, and all of the materials and information on the Site are provided for informational purposes only, and may not reflect current legal developments or variances in the law of different jurisdictions. Nothing on the Site should be construed as legal advice or used as a substitute for legal advice. Neither Chapter7Attorneys.Com nor any of its licensors provides legal advice (although a licensing Law Firm may provide legal advice to you in the event you engage such Law Firm to serve as your legal counsel). The materials and information on the Site do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the attorneys of the Law Firms, their partners, clients or affiliates. Additionally, the mere receipt of an e-mail from or a “post” on the Site does not create an attorney-client relationship. The applicable Law Firm is solely responsible for providing its services to you, and you agree that Chapter7Attorneys.com shall not be liable for any damages or costs of any type arising out of or in any way connected with your use of such services (including, without limitation, claims based on malpractice). You agree that any claim arising out of your relationship with a Law Firm or attorney shall be brought solely against such Law Firm or attorney, and, as Chapter7Attorneys.com is doing nothing more than assisting the Law Firms to market their respective practices, neither Chapter7Attorneys.com nor any of its licensors or affiliates shall be included within any such claim.
YOU SHOULD NOT ACT OR RELY ON THE BASIS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE WITHOUT SEEKING AND RETAINING THE ADVICE OF AN ATTORNEY.
- Participation in the Site
By submitting information to, reading, participating, or otherwise using the Site, you agree that you will abide by the following rules:
- The Site may only be used in good faith and may not be used to transmit or otherwise make available any information that is false or that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements), to threaten, abuse, harass, or invade the rights of any person or entity, to infringe on any person or entity’s intellectual property rights, or in any other way that could reasonably be deemed unethical, illegal, or offensive.
- You may not misidentify yourself or impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity (e.g., pretend to be a different person or from a different company or organization).
- Unless you have our prior written consent, you will not post advertisements or promotional materials, solicit participants and/or visitors of the Site, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site or its Services, use of the Site or its Services, or access to the Site or its Services.
- You are prohibited from using any type of computer “worm,” “virus” or any other device that is intended or is likely to disrupt, overload, or otherwise impair the workings of any part of the Site. If you engage in such conduct, the resulting damage will be hard to quantify as a dollar amount and thus you hereby agree to pay us liquidated damages in the amount of $7,000 for each day that the Site is damaged until the Site is completely repaired. This amount is derived by estimating the value of (1) the loss of good will caused by an inoperable site, and (2) the time and money it will take to repair the Site and to address the concerns of visitors. We are required to use reasonable efforts to repair the Site and to address the concerns of visitors. We are required to use reasonable efforts to repair the Site as quickly as possible. This clause will not prohibit us from seeking additional compensation if your conduct injures us in any way not expressly contemplated herein.
- You are not permitted to collect or store personal data about other uses.
- You are permitted to use the Site to find an attorney or law firm to perform legal services for you related to your bankruptcy and to obtain general information about bankruptcy (each, a “Permissible Use”). You are not permitted to use this Site for any other reason other than a Permissible Use as described above. Impermissible Uses shall include, but are not limited to, using the Site in order to solicit, hire, engage or otherwise work with the employees or affiliates of Chapter7Attorneys.com or the attorneys or law firms who are listed in the Chapter7Attorneys.com attorney directory, to interfere or attempt to interfere in the relationship between Chapter7Attorneys.com and such employees, affiliates, attorneys or Law Firms, or for any other purpose other than described herein (each, an “Impermissible Use”). If you do not engage in such conduct, the resulting damage will be hard to quantify as a dollar amount and thus you hereby agree to pay us liquidated damages in the amount of $15,000 for each Impermissible Use. You further agree that this liquidated damages provision reasonably approximates actual costs, losses, and expenses which would be incurred by Chapter7Attorneys.com due to any such Impermissible Use. You also agree that nothing in this section is intended to limit Chapter7Attorneys’s right to obtain injunctive and other relief as may be appropriate.
- You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Site.
- You agree to not harm minors in any way.
- You shall not intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- You understand and agree that all information, statistical data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (Content), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted by you and other users of our service, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content originated. This means that you, and not us, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email or otherwise transmit via the Site. We do not control all of the Content posted via the Site and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted via the Site.
- You acknowledge that we may or may not pre-screen Content, but that we and our designees shall have the right (but not obligation) in our sole discretion to prescreen, refuse, or move any Content that is available via the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, we and our designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) to remove any Content that violates this agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- Limited License; Permitted Uses
You are granted a non-exclusive, nontransferable, revocable license (1) to access and use the Site strictly in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; (2) to use the Site solely for internal, personal, noncommercial purposes; and (3) to print out discrete information and search results from the Site solely for internal, personal, noncommercial purposes and provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained therein.
- Restrictions and Prohibitions on Use
- No Solicitation
You shall not distribute on or through the Site or to any persons or entities identified via the Site any content or material containing solicitations or advertising of any kind without our express prior written permission.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, and our licensors, subsidiaries, affiliates, equity holders, directors, officers, agents, third party contractors and employees, harmless from all damages, costs, liabilities, and any claim or demand made by any third party, including reasonable attorney’s fees due to or arising out of Content you submit, post to or transmit through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of this agreement, or your violation of any rights of another person, or due to or arising from such activities carried out by a person using your Chapter7Attorneys.com account or password, with your knowledge.
- Errors and Corrections
We do not represent or warrant that the Site will be error-free, free of viruses or other harmful components, or that defects will be corrected. We do not warrant or represent that the information available on or through the Site will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable. We may (but are not obligated to) make improvements and/or changes to its features, functionality or content of the Site at any time. In no event shall we be liable for any such errors or defects.
By using the Site, you do not acquire any rights to the Site other than the limited license to use the Site (as set forth in paragraph 8 above) that can be terminated in accordance with this section. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Site, and remove and discard any Content within the Site, for any reason, including, without limitation, non-payment, for lack of use, or if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this agreement. We may also in our sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Site, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Site under any provision of this agreement may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that we may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related Content information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or the Site. Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to the Site.
- Third-Party Content
Third-party content may appear on this Site or may be accessible via links from this Site. We shall not be responsible for and assume no liability for any mistakes, misstatements of law, defamation, omissions, falsehood, obscenity, pornography or profanity in the statements, opinions, representations or any other form of content contained in any third-party content appearing on the Site. You understand that the information and opinions in the third-party content represent solely the thoughts of the author and is neither endorsed by us nor does it reflect our beliefs.
- Dealings with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that we shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Site.
- Links to Other Websites
The Site may contain “hyperlinks” to websites neither owned nor controlled by us and we are not responsible for, and, unless otherwise noted specifically, make no representations or endorsements with respect to these sites or with respect to any service or product associated with these sites. By including these hyperlinks, we do not mean to state or imply that we sponsor, are affiliated with, or are legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, service mark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the hyperlinks.
- Entire Agreement
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and governs your use of the Site, superseding any prior agreements between you and us. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other services, affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software.
- Choice of Forum
Any disputes arising out of or related to use of this Site, this agreement and/or the relationship between you and us shall be submitted to arbitration in Atlanta, Georgia carried out in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
- Statute of Limitations
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of this Site, this agreement and/or the relationship between you and us must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
- Attorney Ethics Notice
If you are an attorney, participating in any aspect of this Site, you acknowledge that rules of professional conduct apply to all aspects of your participation and that you will abide by such rules. The rules include, but are not limited to, the rules relating to advertising, solicitation of clients, unauthorized practice of law, and misrepresentations of fact. We disclaim all responsibility for your compliance with these rules.
- Intellectual Property
All names, logos, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, graphics, designs, characters, brand identifiers, and all other intellectual property appearing in this site, except as otherwise noted, are owned or used under license by Chapter7Attorneys.com or its subsidiaries. The use or misuse of these marks or any other content on this site, except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the site content, is strictly prohibited.
All of the content included in this Site is subject to the copyright laws of the United States and other applicable jurisdictions and Chapter7Attorneys.com owns all the copyrights associated with this content. All rights reserved. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notification of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the Service Provider’s Designated agent.
- Limitation of Liability
CHAPTER7ATTORNEYS.COM SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO OR USE OF ANY CONTENT OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITE OR SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE. In no event shall Chapter7Attorneys.com liability exceed the total amount paid by you to Chapter7Attorneys.com, if any, for accessing this site.
- Electronic Communications
When you visit Chapter7Attorneys.com or send e-mails to use, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electrically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.